I'm so bad. I haven't been back to blog since Halloween. Partly because I knew Thanksgiving would be coming up, so I took a little break from posting.
Life has been busy. My Relief Society calling has been a blessing, but it has kept me jumping. My turn for the Sunday lesson is coming up on the 6th of December. I haven't taught RS for a few years, but I'm glad to have that opportunity again. I love the opportunity to serve, and we have had many chances in the short 3 months I've been in. I have seen the blessings come and I'm grateful for that. I was really worried, at first, with the time commitment on top of all my other obligations and responsibilities, but it has proven to be a very good experience. The Lord truly blesses us and fills in our gaps.
I will graduate in December with my Associates degree. I am registered at Utah State University, taking 9 credit hours for spring semester. I'm taking Human Development 1500, Bio and Citizen, and Algebra 1010. I'm pretty upset about having to retake the math class. But to take Statistics, I have to have taken Math 1010 within a year prior. I originally took it in 1994. Ugh. I'm crossing my fingers for that one. The others look really interesting and I'm excited to get started with it. 9 credits really pushes my limit, but as I get started with the classes, I'll have a better idea of what I can handle. Then, I can drop one if I need to.
Last Sunday, I was talking to Jared and he mentioned that he and Jen were thinking about coming for Thanksgiving to surprise Mom and Dad. They were undecided because of the weather, but decided to make the trip, leaving early Tuesday morning. Dana and I rushed over to get Mom's house ready for guests (Thanks, again, Dana! I couldn't have done it without you!). I was in touch with Jared throughout the day, texting and talking so we could get updates to where they were. Finally, at 5:30 Tuesday night, they called to let me know they were getting off at our exit. I called to see where Mom was, she was actually just driving up her street, bringing Jamie home from the kidney clinic. As soon as she walked in the house, the phone rang. It was Jared, just "calling to talk", and letting her believe he was still in Denver. He then had his boys go ring Mom's doorbell, and she went to answer it.... AAAAHHHH!!!!!! What a great surprise!!!!! I wish they had taken a picture or a video!
So, we were all together for Thanksgiving dinner at my house. It was a fun night, all the kids ate first, then we set the table nicely for the adults to eat, and we locked... er, I mean... sent the kids downstairs to play.
Brandt, Ashlynn, and Uncle Nate
The table....
"Hmmmm.... let me think... do I like yams?? Why yes! I do!"
All the cousins after dinner. Minus Andrew who promptly fell asleep.
The big boys were tired too.

4 comments:
Even though I already knew about your brother surprising your mom I still got chills reading this post.
So fun! That is awesome you were all together for Thanksgiving.
Good for you, going back to school! What will your degree be in? It looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving.
What a great surprise!
Post a Comment