When Cassidy was a baby, I always liked to dress her in those cute pink frilly outfits. With the matching shoes, of course. As she got older, I always made sure that she had shoes to match each outfit. The obligatory black patent leather Mary Janes, the white Easter shoes with optional cut out flowers on the sides, various colors of flip flops and sandals in the summer, and brown or black chunky boots in the winter.
I don't think I went overboard, I was and am very practical. She has had the occasional pair of red sparkly shoes, and the bright neon turquoise plaid Keds, but for the most part, her shoes have been purchased in order to coordinate with several outfits.
In the past couple of months, she has suddenly had a growth spurt, and has grown out of nearly all her shoes. I was at Payless last night, and saw a bunch of cute shoes in a size 6.... on sale even! Cass wasn't with me, so I figured I'd buy them and bring them home for her as a surprise. Seth was with me, so I made him try them on (heeheehee!) because his foot is nearly the same size as Cassidy's. Or so I thought. He was a really good sport about it, and the store was practically empty, so don't go reporting me to CPS. LOL
Well, when we got home, Cass loved all the shoes, but they were all TOO SMALL! She's closer to a 7 or even an 8! Good grief. I wear an 8! So she "shopped" in my closet this morning for shoes to match her outfit. She chose my cute black sandals with double straps over the instep, with a little heel. They were a tad long for her foot, but not too bad. She was way excited as she exclaimed:
"Now I have more than 20 pairs of shoes because we can share!"


2 comments:
You need a locked vault for your shoes! I'm waiting for Isabel's feet to grow into adult shoes. She wears a 4 right now, so I'm out of danger for a little while.
LOL. It was a sad day when Brittany started wearing my shoes.
Post a Comment