Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's a Juggling Act

Ack.... my life has been crazy lately.
I started back to school a couple of weeks ago. I was going through the assignments last night, and between my 2 classes, here is my homework list:
104 chapters to read,
with a quiz and a homework assignment for each chapter,
9 exams,
4 news/internet articles to post,
5 concert reports,
1 composer biography,
1 music listening guide,
1 power point presentation,
1 class project,
and 2 final exams.
I have set up a schedule that I can follow so that I can have it all done by the end of July, and so far I'm sticking to it. But this juggling act is already starting to wear me down.
Last night I took my first astronomy exam. It was timed and an open book test, and you can betcha I used every single minute of the 90 that were allowed. I checked and re-checked every answer. Right in the middle of it, Andrew woke up crying, which started Micah on a crying jag, and here I was, tied to the computer trying to concentrate on the differences between emission lines and absorption lines. Tom had to deal with 2 sad little boys while I finished the test.
Three items that I was able to "drop" are speech, preschool, and dance for Janessa. We are all done with those for this year, and it's such a relief to not have to take her anywhere! I feel like I can breathe a little bit easier now, and I have already felt the stress lifting a bit.
How in the world did I think I could do this as easily as before? I was fooling myself. When I was in school BK (before kids), I was able to cruise through with hardly any effort. But that was when I could actually sit down to study and read, and not get interrupted a gazillion times by the kidlets. That has been the hardest thing, by far. The constant needs of the kids are never ending. The deeper I am in concentration, the more urgent their needs are, which then intensifies their screams of
"MAAAWWWMMMM!!!!"
Can I survive the next 2 months???

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I am impressed that you have even taken on the challenge of school, you are a trooper. Please let me know if I can help you with your kids. I live really close and I know that our kids love to play together. Even just 2 hours without them might be a good break.

Amy said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! You are such an inspiration, I really need to get my bum back to school.

Susan's 365 said...

Are you doing it all online? What are you going to get your degree in? You can do this!

Ball Family Blog said...

You can do it. Your an amazing mom to six, really you've proven you can do anything!!!

Ashley said...

I don't know if I can do my chemistry class with my two kids, but only one week left. Thank goodness!

You can do it. You are a bright, organized individual, so you can pull through with A's. :)

Ashley