Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big Day for Janessa

Phew! What a busy day we've had!
Janessa graduated from preschool this morning. They had a cute little program, and passed out their diplomas. They also had a cute graduation cake for refreshments. She had some really great teachers this year, and we'll miss them.
This is me with Janessa and Micah before her graduation ceremony.
Janessa Marie, preschool grad.
Then we went to her speech therapy, and Stephanie (her SLP) said that she was pretty much finished with speech. She said that in the 14 months that she has seen Janessa, she has witnessed tremendous improvements and she's a huge success story. So many people have mentioned to me that they've noticed that her speech has improved also, and that's the biggest proof that's she's ready to move on.
Stephanie has been super fabulous, she has made speech a lot of fun each week and we will miss her. I will be keeping in touch with her, she wants us to check in if Janessa starts "slipping" or if we notice any relapses in her speech. I don't see that happening though, because she has been doing so well. The changes she has made have been permanent so far, I doubt she will regress.
Any way.... here's our wonderful speech therapist, Stephanie.
We love you, Steph!! Thanks for everything!!
After speech, we rushed home for a quick lunch, and a quick nap for the little boys before we had to pick up the kids from school. Then I had piano lessons right after school (one of my students cancelled today, so that eased 30 minutes of my stress). After my last student left, I threw food at the kids and chased them out the door. (I'm only barely exaggerating here)
Janessa had her year end dance revue tonight, and she did really well! They danced to "Walkin' on Sunshine" and I could just kick myself right now. I thought I had recorded it, but I hadn't actually pushed the button on the camera! I pushed it, but not hard enough to start the recording. Duurrhhhhh..... So I don't have a vid of her dancing tonight. I'm hoping to be able to get a copy from one of the other moms.


Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Jamie came to see her dance. They brought her flowers from their rose bush. They smell sooooo yummy!

And tomorrow.... I get to do dance revue AGAIN with Cassidy.
Yes, they are on separate nights. Ugh.

2 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

Congrats preschool graduate. I remember walking over the upside down teeter tawter (sp) thing when I graduated from preschool.

SarahAnne said...

What a big day for Miss Janessa! Congrats to her, and it's great to hear about her speech therapy success!!