Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Phew!

I made it through this crazy week!
And I'm still alive and still sane...
well, that's debatable. ;)
On Friday, Seth did the Wax Museum with the 4th grade. He dressed as Philo T. Farnsworth (the inventor of the television, and also a distant Blackham relative). He looked really cute as he posed with his homemade television set. The kids had little orange stickers as buttons that we could push and they'd tell us a fact about the person they were dressed as. It was very well done. BTW, he wouldn't smile for me because he said he was supposed to be serious as he posed. LOL
Tom turned 40 on Wednesday, the 22nd, so I had planned a surprise party for him on Friday evening.
It was an 80s party, and we had some of the raddest outfits on our guests that night! It was, like, totally awesome. Leg warmers, spiked bangs, and blue eye shadow were everywhere. Here are my 80s girls. Remember those shoelace hair bows? Cass loves them now, she wants to start a new trend with them. Heeheehee...
We even had a former member of Flock of Seagulls show up.
We rocked out to the 80s tunes and laughed at our pictures that we hung up on the 80s Hall of Shame. A big huge THANKS to all our guests that showed up. It was so much fun to share the evening with you, it was a memorable night, that's for sure. Tom was surprised, he kept telling me he had no idea that I was planning the party. I'm so glad we were able to pull it off without him finding out! My good friend Ninette was snapping pictures all night long, so I didn't worry too much about taking pictures. I can't wait to see her pics of the evening. Everyone looked really cool!
Heh... one other notable thing that happened was I dropped my phone in the sink on Friday afternoon. Ugh! Of all days.... I was running around setting up for the party and getting last minute things, and I had no way to call or text anyone. I felt so disconnected. It was horrible! Luckily, fingers crossed, my phone came back to life today. It has slowly regained key functions since Friday night, and it suddenly started working this afternoon. So YAY! So, if you have texted me in the last 48 hours and haven't received a reply, now you know why.
Now for some sad news. Micah is 7 months old today. Yes, my baby boy. My teeny tiny little (well, he was never little, being born over 9 pounds) baby boy who can sit up, scoot, and roll all over the floor is 7 months old.
How did this happen?
Don't ya just love his 'do?
I've had to put away his too-small clothes TWICE now. I pulled out the 12 month stuff last week. Today, for church, he wore navy dockers and a navy and white checked button up shirt. Not a cute light blue baby one-piece outfit with the matching booties, he actually wore big baby boy stuff today. I even pulled out the black Sunday shoes, but I just couldn't put them on him yet. Once they wear shoes, there's no going back. I will then have to admit that he's getting bigger, and you can't make me do that. Not yet.

3 comments:

Miranda @ Someday Crafts said...

Wow! You've had a very busy week!!! And I can't believe you're already pulling out 12 month clothes! Andrew is barely in the 6-9 stuff and is 8 months old!

SarahAnne said...

Happy birthday, Tom!

There's no way Micah is 7 months old. You are pulling my leg, my arm, my hair... Seriously??? I just can't believe it! He's just adorable, Kellie. We need to get together soon! Love ya.

Susan's 365 said...

Glad that you were able to pull off the surprise. Happy 40th Tom! The girls look great. Love Seth's photo. O.M.G...Micah cannot be 7 months old already. They grow up way too fast. Do you have any photos of you dressed up?