We had a really nice Easter weekend. The Easter Bunny brought the kids' baskets on Friday night. We started doing it that way a few years ago. It works out really well. We have the "Easter Bunny" part for one day, then we get to focus on the true meaning of Easter on the Sabbath. Another good thing is that we don't have to rush the kids around before church on Sunday morning. They can take their time and enjoy their baskets the day before.
The Easter Bunny keeps thing pretty simple around here. Each child got some item of clothing, a little bit of candy, and a special treat. Cassidy got beef jerkey (hey, it's what she wanted). Seth got Nutty Bars, Jonah got Pop Tarts, Janessa got goldfish crackers, Andrew got Go-gurts, and Micah got baby food. It was fun watching them barter and trade their treats.
Here are Andrew and Micah in their matching train shirts. Well, sorta matching... Micah's is covered in slobber. :P
Church was very nice on Sunday, the choir did an Easter Cantata for our sacrament meeting. I'm really impressed with the size and quality of our choir. We get lots of compliments from other wards. I have been meaning to join, ever since we moved here, actually, but I keep finding excuses NOT to. But I think the time has come for me to get back into it. I love singing, I love being a part of a singing group, and I love everyone involved in our choir, so that's my next "thing". I can't wait. I especially love singing at Christmas time.
Here are the kidlets after church. *sigh*
Just trying to get a decent pic of the 6 of them gives me a headache.
After church, we had a nice family dinner here at our house. Of course it was the traditional Easter/ward dinner fare: ham, RS potatoes, rolls, etc. However, there was no green jello. LOL After dinner, Cassidy organized an egg hunt downstairs for the little kids. It was nice to have Janice and Jeremy there with us. I hope it wasn't too loud and crazy for you guys with 10 kids running around.

No comments:
Post a Comment